31 Days of Halloween: Everyday Art | Sew Simple Home
Textual description of firstImageUrl

31 Days of Halloween: Everyday Art


Today we have Emily and Jaime from Everyday Art!  Two super crafty ladies!  Make sure to check out their blog!!
_______________________________________________________
We love Halloween over at Everyday Art.

Today we want to share with you one of our favorite Halloween creations: the Halloween Book Wreath.




Yes, those are book pages. Yes, I destroyed an old book in the process of making this wreath, which I feel a tiny bit bad about, BUUUTTTT I think it looks great, and it was an old book no one was reading anyway. :)
I first got this idea from Heidi at Vacuuming in High Heels and Pearls, and loved the potential.

So I gathered my supplies:
a wreath frame ($1 at the dollar store)
an old book (thanks mom)
and  a glue gun


I started carefully ripping out the pages of the book. I took each page indivdually and krinkled it up with the middle poking down and the edges all poking up.


Applied some hot glue onto what used to be the middle of the page...


...and stuck it onto the wreath frame. Easy peasy.


After the whole wreath was filled, I cut out some bat silhouettes and used the hot glue gun to apply them to the wreath.


Love it. Hope you are having fun preparing for Halloween?!












Check Out Our Other 31 Days of Halloween Posts

                     Chocolate Covered Oreo Spiders


        

Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies by The Stitchin' Mommy      

    Trick or Treat Printable from Blissful Roots   


   halloween-pin-diy Serger-Pepper-Black-Cat-Hat-Sewing-DIY-refashion

    
      SergerPepper - Jack O'PinMe - Pincushion - Pin Sharpener

No comments

I'd love to hear from you!