5 Halloween Decoration Tutorials from Sew Woodsy | Sew Simple Home
Textual description of firstImageUrl

5 Halloween Decoration Tutorials from Sew Woodsy


 Hi Get Your Crap Together readers! I'm so excited to be here today. My name is Katie and I blog at Sew Woodsy with my husband, Jon (dubbed Mr. Woodsy on the blog). We are a husband and wife DIY team. We document our journey of homeownership one tutorial at a time. Sew Woodsy is a place where we share our love for renovating and decorating on a budget. We absolutely LOVE Halloween and we love creating inexpensive items to decorate our home with. Here are our top 5 DIY Halloween projects from SewWoodsy.com!


Halloween Woof Pallet Fence

Halloween Wood Pallet Fence We made this fence last year to add an additional layer of spookiness to our front yard! Best of all we didn't spend any money on making it.

Mummy Head on a Platter

Mummy Head on a Platter I saw this in a popular Halloween catalog and knew I didn't want to spend $70 on it, so I decided to make a version of my own. The entire project cost me $18!

Skeleton Vase

Skeleton Vase 
 I had a dream one evening to make this vase using the skeleton garland I bought from the Dollar Store just a few days prior.

Halloween Rustic Wood Coffin


 A few years ago I begged Mr. Woodsy for a life size coffin... so using a few pallets he constructed this very rustic coffin that is now used year after year not only as display but as storage throughout the other 11 months!

Zombie Planted Hands

Zombie Planted Hands
Using a few severed hands from the dollar store and a plant stand I already owned I was able to create this simple yet creepy outdoor decor. Thanks again, Chelsea, for having me over and showing just a few of the many DIY Halloween projects we have on Sew Woodsy. During the month of October we will have a wide variety of DIY Halloween projects fit for all skill levels, so make sure you stop by and see whats going on! Get social with us and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest!