Spider Oreos from Handmade in the Heartland | Sew Simple Home
Textual description of firstImageUrl

Spider Oreos from Handmade in the Heartland


S'mores Halloween Costume
Our costume last year-2012
I am so excited to be a part of 31 days of Halloween here on 'get your crap together'! So a big thanks to Chelsea for the invite.  I'm Angela over at HandmadeintheHeartland.com, I have always enjoyed making things and love the feeling of accomplishment that comes with a finished product. I believe that everyone can create a handmade life easier than they think, and with my blog I hope to inspire others to pull out their sewing machine, glue gun, or measuring cups and make things from scratch.  I love all holidays and reasons to celebrate, and as you can see in the picture above we love to have fun for Halloween! I'm happy to share this little treat with you, its easy and fun and your kids or your adult party guests will love them, Spider Oreo's!

Spider Oreos
Chocolate Covered Oreo Spiders

Ingredients:

Oreos
Black Licorice, separated to single strands (i found chocolate flavored!)
Candy Eyeballs (HERE are some on amazon, or find them at your local specialty candy shoppe)
Melting Chocolate or chocolate chips 

Directions: 
Melt your chocolate chips or melting chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments.  Once its melted dip your oreo in and make sure its fully coated.  Place on wax paper.  Add the eyeballs to the top and the 3 separated black licorice strands to the sides.  Let cool until set! Easy Peesy!

I hope you enjoy these, I have a lot of other Halloween recipes up on my blog including pumpkin cheesecake bars, candy witch hats and broomsticks, and a caramel apple sundae bar with lots more coming this month so be sure to add us to your reading list! Happy Halloween!

Chocolate Covered Oreo Spiders

Chocolate Covered Oreo Spiders


Check out some of our other fun Halloween Party Food Ideas